Here’s the video of my appearance on MSNBC Your Business with JJ Ramberg.
MSNBC Your Business is the only television show dedicated to issues affecting small business owners. Now in its seventh season and sponsored by American Express OPEN forum, the program has profiled hundreds of small business owners and offered advice from countless business experts and investors.
Here are the actionable tips that JJ and I discussed on the show.
1) Because of the infinite amount of information available on the web, buyers now have more information than sellers. Therefore smart companies need to educate and inform instead of interrupt and sell.
2) The next time you have to design a sales strategy, think about how you would approach it if you were trying to date the buyer instead of sell to them.
3) The Internet has fundamentally changed the pace of business, compressing time and rewarding speed. Now, speed is a decisive competitive advantage.
4) Social networks like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn allow people all over the world to share content and connect with the companies they want to do business with.
5) Great customer service is one of the best sales strategies there is because if you treat existing customers well, they will buy more from you and refer you to their friends and colleagues.