Unfortunately, when experienced events folks move into the virtual setting, they often try to replicate what works for in-person events. However, what works on a stage rarely translates well to digital. To succeed in virtual events we need to reimagine what is possible.
In this essential guide, David Meerman Scott and Michelle Manafy share newly emerging best practices in virtual events. As speakers at, and organizers of, virtual events, they have unique opportunities to speak with people in many different aspects of the events business to learn what works. Here, they offer concise, practical guidance you can quickly put into practice, including:
• Making Connections in a Socially Distant World
• Understanding the Purpose of Running a Virtual Event
• Critical Differences Between In Person and Virtual Events
• Building Audience Interaction
• Six Key Benefits to Hosting Virtual Events
• Format, Features, and Platform Considerations
• Speaker Preparation for Virtual Events
• The Business of Virtual Events
• The Cost of Producing a Virtual Event
• How To Run A Great Virtual Event
Whether you are a seasoned event organizer, a speaker making the transition to virtual events, or just getting your first event off the ground, this guide will equip you with everything you need to run a great virtual event.
Buy The Book